Chicago Network for Justice & Peace
Service Programs for 2020-2021
1. AGASSIZ Elementary School Chicago. Mentoring, Math tutoring, Equipment. High School Placement.
2. ARTS. We continue to provide support and opportunity to artists and art organizations that present works of art for live performance based on the stories of individuals and groups who are forced to cross borders – all sorts of borders – in order to live in freedom and dignity and make their productive contributions to their fellow citizens. We give support to Arts organizations that employ the arts for literacy education and for community building. For example:
■ Cerqua-Rivera Dance Theatre https://www.cerquarivera.org/
■ Teatro La Fragua, Progresso Honduras, https://www.teatrolafragua.org/INDICE.HTM
■ Black Ensemble Theater, Chicago, https://blackensembletheater.org/
and over 12 other theatre and arts organizations.
3. CHICAGO CITY OF REFUGE INITIATIVE. Face Book Page ‘Chicago City of Refuge.’ In collaboration with PEN International and in response to the worldwide attack on the freedom of writers to create and publish and on the freedom of journalists to investigate and to publish their works, our Network of individuals and organizations has focused on providing assistance and opportunity to those writers and organizations unjustly persecuted for the non-violent expression of their creativity, opinions, and fact-finding endeavors.
4. CONFERENCES. We give support to conferences on linguistic rights, on the practice and conservation of the literary arts, and on the protection of writers in jeopardy for exercising their literary rights to work and to promulgate the nonviolent expression of their opinions. We focus on organizations that promote conversations across cultural, national, and geo-physical boundaries.
5. LIBRARIES AND ARCHIVES. We give support to libraries, and especially to archival projects, that work to preserve documents and data of vital interest to the communities we serve. For example: Loyola University Libraries and Gannon Center Archives for Women and Leadership and Leadership.
6. PEN San Miguel Center (Guanajuato, Mexico). We enjoy a long-standing collaboration with PEN San Miguel Center on various projects, especially on rapid action interventions (RANs) on behalf of writers in jeopardy in Mexico, Turkey, China, and other countries and regions.
7. El OTRO LADO [ https://alotrolado.org/ ] and TABOR HOUSE (Ciudad Juarez, Mexico) [https://www.catholicworker.org/communities/houses/tx-el-paso-tabor-house.html] We support individuals and organizations that work to re-build community through the practice of the literary arts in societies torn apart by
violence and civil disintegration.
Our 2020 Financial Report has been filed with the Attorney General of the State of Illinois. This report is available to the public. Please contact the Attorney General of the State of Illinois for a copy of the report and for information on the status of CNJP.
Please contact Nick Patricca at email@example.com for further information on our projects and how you might contribute your talents and resources to our work.
We believe that legal and economic literacy are essential components of literacy itself and are necessary for the proper exercise of citizenship in our contemporary world.
Our board of directors is a working board. 100% of monies contributed to CNJP is used in support of our mission and programming.
Our legal name is: CHICAGO NETWORK. We do business as CHICAGO NETWORK FOR JUSTICE AND PEACE. We are a 501 c 3 not for profit educational organization recognized by the IRS and registered with the State of Illinois and the County of Cook. Our tax ID number is: 36 – 4306019.
Thank you for your attention.
We hope you will consider making a donation to Chicago Network for Justice and Peace.
You can donate via PAYPAL by clicking on the DONATE button on this page.
To donate by check please make out the check to CHICAGO NETWORK JP and mail to
ATT: Nick Patricca
1132 W. Lunt Ave #3b
Chicago, IL 60626
Copyright 2021 – All Rights Reserved – Chicago Network for Justice & Peace