Chicago Network for Justice & Peace
The Chicago Network for Justice and Peace assists individuals and organizations in their efforts to promote literacy and the use of the literary arts for creating effective communication between and among cultures and groups within cultures; in doing so, we seek to foster community building and the common cause for justice and peace.
To fulfill its mission, CNJP supports:
- Volunteer tutoring programs in schools;
- Cross cultural literary conferences;
- Collaboration with International PEN’s International Women Writers Committee, Linguistic Rights Committee, Freedom To Write & Writers in Prison Committee;
- Library development;
- Collaborative publication projects;
- Literacy programs;
- Collaborative artistic projects involving the literary arts;
- Scholarship programs for students of merit who would otherwise be denied appropriate education for financial reasons.
To view the current list of projects, please see our Service Program.
Copyright 2021 – All Rights Reserved – Chicago Network for Justice & Peace